Health & Safety
Important Health & Safety Information
- Users of heart pace makers should avoid being near magnets. If a neodymium magnet is placed within 30mm of a heart pacemaker - it will stop working!
- Strong magnets, especially neodymium magnets should not be given to children.
- Many Magnets are brittle and may shatter if they are allowed to 'jump' together or they jump onto a steel surface. Always wear eye protection if this is likely to happen.
- Strong Magnets may affect or interfere with sensitive electronic instruments. Always keep magnets at least 100mm from such devices.
- Magnets can destroy information stored on magnetic media such as credit cards, floppy discs and computer hard drives. Keep them at least 50mm away.
- Analogue watches, televisions and computer monitors can be permanently damaged by placing magnets near them
- Do not use magnets if you are pregnant
- Do not use magnets if have an insulin pump
- Remove the Stiffies before washing your shirt
We recommend you visit our magnet supplier, First4magnets for additional magent health and safety information: